It all revolves around Family.

Cord, Amberly, Cayden, Kennadi, and Quaid!

.

.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lots of sick and a little fun.

 Just thought I would start this post off by saying I have a really big and important test this afternoon, so here I am blogging.  ;)

This week has been oh so crazy. I have had Cord, Kennadi, and Quaid sick. And it doesnt even seem that anyone is getting much better. I had all three of them in the doctors office on Monday, and then yesterday evening I finally broke down and took Kenna into the instacare. Poor little girl. She is waking up at night complaining of lower abdominal pain. She isnt eating much and she has a fever most of the time.

She was feeling pretty cool after they gave her an Xray, the week before at preschool they were learning about the letter X, so this was kind of  fun thing for her. She couldnt wait to get home to show her big brother.
After that, the next step was to draw blood. Now I knew that would not be fun and I didnt want her to get scared so I didnt tell her what was about to happen. (some people think thats mean but its what works for my kids, if I told her she would have thrown a fit for 15 minutes waiting for it to happen) The man that took her blood was slightly different, but very nice. He blew her vain but he had just enough blood to run the test.
She was so big and brave. She watched the whole time and thought it was cool that she got to feel the vain before he poked it.  He didnt pick the vain that I would have picked though, he probably didnt have kids and couldnt feel her pain. I swear I held my breath the whole time. I have drew peoples blood before, never a kids, but I do not think I could do it to my own kid. Or maybe I could because I dont trust many other too do it. I dont know. But I was really proud of her.
Turns out, she was proud of herself too :) she didnt want to put on the baindaid, she wanted to keep the cotton and tape on so she could show Cayden.  I snapped some pics of her in the office:

They let her keep her cute pink tourniquet, which of course was awesome! She even snapped herself in the mouth with it about 3 minutes later.


They actually cant figure out what is causing her stomach pain. Everything looks normal and checks out fine. I'm only worried because this morning she is still hurting, and maybe even worse. Her temp this morning was 101.7 so she still has a fever. I hope it goes away soon, or we can figure something out for her. I hate not being able to help!!!


On another note, I have been watching many tutorials off of pinterest (of course I have, since I have a big important test today)  I have been learning to make fabric flowers and stuff for headbands and assecories. I am excited to buy Kenna some cheap flip flops and totally dec them out with flowers and pearls and what not.

Here is a picture of the necklace I made yesterday. I love it!! First one and I think it looks pretty good :)
 Then he wanted to take a picture with our heads in it. He looks so big and handsome, that's the only reason I love the picture. I look like a cartoon character.  lol


My grass is growing finally!!! It popped up and its getting big now and starting to fill out. I am so excited to have grass in our backyard. I think its so fun that we planted it and everything ourselves! Its something we will get to look back on and say we did it all from nothing. :)  ( By 'We' I mean 'Me')   I cant wait until its big and we can play on it!

 That's all for now! I need to study for this test!! I am so bad at procrastinating. Luckily, I talked to Blake and he does the same thing. I don't feel like such a slacker now, seeing that this is his last semester of Law School. So maybe I will get somewhere someday ;)

No comments: