It all revolves around Family.

Cord, Amberly, Cayden, Kennadi, and Quaid!

.

.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Let a Momma Vent.

I feel like venting, and facebook is not the place so I thought I would do it on here!

Let me start....I don't understand why kids are SO mean. If I ever catch my kid doing or saying anything that is rude toward another person, I talk to him about it. I try to teach my kids to be nice to all people, to respect their elders, and respect others beliefs and opinions.

That being said, Cayden came up to me tonight after Cord and I went out shopping and left the kids with our lovely friend who watched the kids for us. He wispered in my ear "Mommy, do you like me?"

I looked at him shocked...after a second he said "because none of the kids at my school do." It immediately broke my heart! I mean I grabbed him and hugged him and started tearing up. After I told him how much I loved him, and how many other people are out there that love him and like him, I began thinking why he would thing that in the first place.

We have been having a problem with Cayden taking toys to school. He has been told not to do it by us and his teacher, yet he continues to do it. I couldnt figure out why. Until 2 weeks ago when a boy in his class called him to go to his house. Cayden was so excited and wanted to go. When we dropped him off, the boy asked Cayden which of his toys he brought over. He showed him and this boy proceeded to ask me for about 10 minutes if we could take cayden home so he could get his other toys, then bring him back. Or if the boys dad could drive them to my house to get his toys. It was so rude, and I was stunned. It occured to me that this boy didnt want to play with Cayden, he wanted to play with his toys. My thoughts were confirmed when I picked him up and Cayden was just sitting there while the other kid was playing with the toys he took over.
This same boy came over to our house to play and we got to witness him saying such rude things to Cayden. and throwing Caydens toys around when Cayden told him that the kid couldn't take them home or keep them forever.
 Its so suprising to know that this kids parents are really nice people.  Come on, spend time with your kids. TEACH THEM WHAT TYPES OF THINGS ARE NICE AND APPROPRIATE, AND WHATS NOT.


Things like this have been happening for the past couple of months. I really think the reason Cayden wants to take toys to school is because he wants people to play with him and like him. Which is very sad.

Kids are so mean!! Cayden is so sweet and nice. He is considerate and so funny. He just wants to play and make everyone laugh. He will do whatever his friends want to do, he just wants to make people happy. How do these kids know that when someone is nice, that means you can walk all over them?

I love Cayden so much, this really makes me feel so bad. I dont know how to help him, beside telling him why he is so wonderful to try to build up his self esteem.

I heard a quote somewhere that said something like "thanks mom, for always being the perfect friend."  Thats what I want to be for him. I will always play with him, and love him, and laugh at his jokes, and not try to steal his toys, but he really needs some buddies. Ah it just breaks my heart.


Well thats me venting about other peoples bratty kids. Mine are not perfect, but you wont find my kid getting away with treating people badly.

Love him.

2 comments:

Travis said...

Amberly,

I hear ya girl... Isaac has had some of the similar issues. He tells me all the time that he doesn't have any friends at school. I have talked to the teachers that are super surprised because they see him as a ring leader with lots of friends.

I get after the kids if they act like that at my house. I just tell them, "We don't do that at our house." I get mixed reactions from the kids and I usually tell the parents what I told the kid (I don't want the kid to them them.)

Isaac has gotten better as he gets older. I also notice that when he is in a bad mood (ie tired, hungry) it's worse.

Sounds to me like you are doing the right thing in making sure that he knows how much you and Chord love him.

Another fantastic place to get advice is your Aunt Christensen(s) several of them have given me advice over the years that has always been great.

KEEP ON TRUCKIN' MOMMA...!!!

Lisa and Devin Graff said...

Im so sorry amber! I teared up just reading about it. I have had similar feelings sense tynlee has been old enough to play with friends.
We went to the park, and some random kid ran up to tyn and full on pushed her with both his hands. His mom was right there and didn't even say anything to me or her freaking kid. I was so mad, i could not believe that she didn't do anything to teach or discipline him. I hate that kids can be so mean.
You are such a wonderful mother. You family is so beautiful. I hope things get better soon!