It all revolves around Family.

Cord, Amberly, Cayden, Kennadi, and Quaid!

.

.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The end of one road and beginning of another

I started taking college classes when Cayden was about 15 months old. My plan has always been to become a nurse. 4 and a half years, and 2 more kids later, here I am apply to nursing programs and finally getting my associates of science from Dixie. I know its not much, and I really cant do anything with just an associates degree in science, but for me its kind of a big deal. 

Its no secret that I got married and had Cayden when I was really young, so this is actually my first time graduating from anything! Maybe that's why its so exciting to me :)
                  I have been super busy trying to get everything all together and ready to apply to Mohaves nursing program and Dixie's as well. Its a whole process. Its not just submit a paper or two, its actually tons of work. So, I am still working on it! I need to have my application in to Mohave by March 1 and into Dixie by March 23rd. Thank goodness they are not due the same day!!

                                        Valentines day is coming up! I am excited to start doing some crafts for around the house. I love Valentines decor, but I have never really decorated my house for it before! So this year we are busting out the wood and paint and some other fun frilly things to decorate with. Its really fun not going to school every day of the week, I actually have time to do other things! Its amazing ;)


Okay, before I end this post I better talk about my zumba experiences.  In March, Cord and I will be celebrating out 7 year anniversary. I have been telling myself for years now that I would be at my goal weight for our anniversary, year after year....and I have never made it. So this year I am going to do it!! I have about 8 pounds that I want to lose. Last Friday my mother in law and friends Amanda and myself decided to try out zumba in Laverkin. I have tried other zumba classes, but for people who have never done it before, its super not fun to try to shake body parts like that in front of others who look like super models doing it :) So I have never stuck to any class in particular. BUT, the zumba class in laverkin is full of really great, down to earth, fun people. I have actually felt way comfortable going there! We have been having lots of fun, and we have gone 3 times already this week. Its nice to be able to work out and feel good again! I know everyone has heard the whole "it seems like you have to be in shape to go to the gym"...yeah that's how I felt!  so its good to find a place that doesn't make anyone feel like that!! 

I still need to post before and after pictures of our kitchen. i am loving the way it looks now that its transformed. :)  Hopefully I will do that this week sometime!

Well, that's all for now!

1 comment:

Lisa and Devin Graff said...

Amberly, that is SO awesome that you are doing the nursing program! My brother in law went to mojave and loved it. I can't believe you are doing all of this schooling with three kids... you are amazing. Good luck with everything.
Lisa:)