It all revolves around Family.

Cord, Amberly, Cayden, Kennadi, and Quaid!

.

.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

New year, new update!

Since its now 2012, I thought it would be fun to do a little update about our family! I cant believe how fast time goes by, especially with little kids. They grow like weeds, its so amazing. Of course I'm nuts and occasionally have a good cry about how big my kids are!

My Cayden bug, oh this little boy. He is so big! He is almost up to my shoulders (not that I am that tall, but I its incredible that he is almost as tall as me!) Its funny for me to look at his hands and feet, because they are also about the same size as mine. I mean, this kid wears my socks sometimes and they fit him! It blows my mind. My favorite things about Cayden currently are the way he smiles and laughs. When something funny happens, its like you see it in his eyes before you see him smile. His big eyes lights up and they seem to laugh before his mouth even does. It brightens my life. I love it. His smile is also changing since he is FINALLY growing front teeth. This kid has not had top front teeth for about 2 years! They both are about halfway in and look so cute! I think he is pretty proud of them too ;)
He is doing so good in school, he reads everything he can see. He is ahead of his class in reading and its fun to see him do it so well. He loves doing it too! I hope he keeps that up. He has so many little friends in his class, and a best friend too that he loves to spend time with. He of course still loves to make everyone laugh, its still pretty much his goal in life. He is getting better at the whole 'time and place' thing though. I just have so many reasons why I am so proud of this kid. He is super great, and I love him a whole lot!

Kennadi is my little diva girl. She is super funny. This girl pulls the best faces, and does thing with her eyebrows that I thought only I could do :) She has so much personality and attitude, its fun...but sometimes drives me insane! She is her mommy's biggest helper. She loves to help me cook and bake and pretty much do anything that I do. She helps with Quaid all of the time (to the point he screams at her!) She never lets anything get her down though, or discourage her. She will be everyone's mommy and boss whether they like it or not!
Its been really fun to see her start playing Barbies and babydolls. ITs hilarious to listen to her and watch her do it. It seems like not that long ago and I did the same things. She is so funny and she knows it. She loves spending time with her Aunt Brooke, and her big brother Cayden. While she can be such a girly girl, she also loves to dig in the dirt and shoot guns with her brother and daddy. She also loves helping Cord do whatever he is doing, fixing the car or feeding the dogs.
She is such a good girl and has a great heart. She loves school and to pretend she has to do homework just like Cayden. Having a daughter is something that is very special to my heart, she is so fun!

Quaid is 15 months old now!! He is so big and I cant beleive it. I forgot how much fun this age is. He walks and runs and dances and plays. I love watching all 3 of my kids play together, and they do! Quaids favorite things are to play with Cayden (they literally wrestle around and laugh super hard!) he loves to be outside, he loves our dog Dizzle, playing Barbies with Kennadi, eating chocolate chips, and dumping out the dogs food and water all over the kitchen floor. (little stinker) He is into everything!! He has learned to pull out the bottom drawer on anything and climp into it to reach whatever is on top. He is like a little monkey! We always have to push the kitchen table chairs under the table or he will be on top of the table! He dumps out anything that he finds, including the kids drinks on the table when he climbs on. And if he sees your coming to grab the cup before he dumps it, he does it faster!
He is so smart, and understands about everything we say to him. He is even talking. His favorite thing is "why" "mama" and "caadeen(Cayden)". He now has 6 teeth on top, 4 on the bottom, and 2 top back molars. He is still really well tempered, and he loves to make us laugh at him and get our attention.
We love this baby so much! I'm thankful for him, and the other two kids, every single day!

Cord is still working life away. Im glad he has kept his job all these years even though the economy has been tough. We are blessed he works for a good company. He supports me in all the things I do, even when they are crazy, and he is an amazing dad. He loves our kids so much and would do anything for them. He is a self proclaimed rock star, especially now that the kids have the new drum set. He can really play pretty good :) He got a new gun for Christmas and we have had fun shooting it. He also got to go snow boarding last week, which we havent done for a couple years now. It was always his favorite thing to do so I am glad he got to go and have fun!

I am still going to school full time. I am just now getting some nursing applications out. I am really hoping this is the year I get accepted into a program and start that , finally! Its only been 5 years and 2 babies later since I started my college career. I should be a doctor by now ;) But I enjoy learning, and hope I can continue to do so until I am completely done!
I have really been working on my photography stuff lately. I hope I can get it going a little more this year. I really really love doing it!! And I think I do pretty good :) I guess I need to thank my dad for getting me into taking pictures from a young age. I dont know if he even knows he is the reason I love it so much!

We are hoping and expecting that 2012 will be a great year for our family! I hope all of our friends and family have a wonderful year as well!!!

<3

No comments: