It all revolves around Family.

Cord, Amberly, Cayden, Kennadi, and Quaid!

.

.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Let me Blab...

While doing laundry I decided I needed to update the blog. Of course that's when I'm thinking about blogging ;)
It seems that life has picked up again after the Christmas break. Things are finally into a routine and I don't feel bored all the time. Don't get me wrong, some days I just want to be bored and do nothing but its nice to have deadlines and homework and something productive to do.
I am looking forward to this semester for many reasons, one being that I am not taking 14 credits :) I'm only doing 10. I'm also not taking multiple hard classes so it will be a lot less stressful. But I am excited about the classes that I am taking.

For all of those family member and friends who are wondering about my mom, her court date has been pushed backed to the 31st of January. I am hoping that I can make it up there for it, but I am not sure if I will. We have been waiting for this court date for so long so of course they keep pushing it back. This is the big one, where we find out if she will stay in jail or go to prison, and for how long. She has officially been incarcerated for 4 months now. Some days I miss her so much, some days I forget that I cant just call her. Even though she is better off where she is right now I miss her encouraging words. Even when she was doing who knows what (I know I dont want to know) she would always tell me that I was doing great and would be wonderful at whatever I was going through and attempting to overcome. She has been a different person for so long but I still remember the mother she once was, and I miss her.

Off of that subject, Blake graduates from law school this May. (Whoop WHoop) Cord and I are very excited to start planning our trip out there. Cord has never been to Virginia and only to the east coast once. (when I took him to New Jersey for Christmas with my dad when we were dating.) I am so excited to go back there and see where Blake has been living these past years. Also I need to remind my nephew of who his favorite aunt is :)
Right now the tentative plan is that we leave the kids here with Cords family, but we are debating whether to take Quaid with us or not. Either way we are going to have a really great time.
(Let me vent for one second about me leaving my children for any amount of time...I have never done this. So I know I will have a hard time leaving them! I have always had a hard time with it which is why it has never happened before. I mean, Cayden with be 7 in June. 7!!! Its hard to not be with them all the time when they are everything to me, and I enjoy every minute with them. So we will see how this works out :) )

Ok my last random idea for today......maybe...

The song "you'll find out who your friends are...." keeps playing and playing in my head today. Its funny how people run when you need them. Its sad that difficult times in ones life is when you really see who is there for you no matter what. To those who are here...THANK YOU. To those who get attitudes and run, that's ok. Thanks for allowing me to find out who the truly important people in my life are. I am blessed with good family, great kids, a wonderful husband, and a few friends that I am truly thankful for.

No comments: