It all revolves around Family.

Cord, Amberly, Cayden, Kennadi, and Quaid!

.

.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Lookin back a few weeks...

I was just downloading some pictures that was on one of my memory cards that I had put in the diaper bag for the past couple weeks. It has the pictures on it from when we brought Quaid home from the hospital, and it had pictures of his stay at the NICU. It brought back the memories of how scared we were, and how really sad it was seeing that poor little guy like that. I thought I would post some of these pics and share it.


This picture is me showing how sad it was....he was under two sets of lights that were above him, and one light that was in the form of a blanket and that was under him. Poor little guy sat in there in nothing but a diaper and his eye gear. We had to monitor his temp too because he was cookin in there...literally.


In this picture, you can see his little IV in his hand and the other tubes and cords going all over the place. It was seriously crazy sad and scary to see him like that...and watching them put the IV in...man I tell you those nurses that work in the NICU are the worlds most wonderful nurses! They are so good at what they do, and their attitudes are wonderful. We had one nurse there who was our favorite, and now I wish I would have gotten a picture of Quaid with her before we came home. She was really wonderful!


This is me finally getting to hold him!! He had to be under the lights constantly for the first little while. But after his Bili levels fell to a certain point, they let me take him out for 20 minutes every 3 hours to feed him. It was so nice to finally get to hold him and cuddle with him after they take him away and I could only look and touch his little hand or head for all that time. It was almost better than having him placed on me for the first time after he was born. Because I knew he was safe inside of me, but when he is outside and I am not able to hold him when he needs me...thats such a hard thing. It was great getting to hold him finally...

While it was terribly hard being in the NICU for the 3 days we were there...it really made us count our many blessings. All of the other babies in there were really sick. Most of them were tiny and on breathing machines. Our baby was the biggest and healthiest one in there. So were were glad we were only there for 3 days instead of 3 weeks or even 3 months like the others.

Just so thankful that today Quaid is 3 weeks and 5 days old, and he is doing great! I can see how big he is getting everyday. And he is so so handsome and such a good little guy! I love him more than I even imagined that I could possibly love another little baby. I guess its true that you never run out of love...with every child you just have more to give..and I love each one my children so very much. I thank my Father in Heaven every day for these blessings that I have, and dont always feel worthy of!

2 comments:

Heinz and Alecia said...

So cute! Love all the pics... you are a great mom Amberly :)

Rileys said...

So glad he is a healthy boy now! He is so cute and I LOVE the name. Hopefully we can meet him sometime, I actually do not think I have ever met your little girl yet either! It seems like you are really happy and are doing an awesome job as mommy.