It all revolves around Family.

Cord, Amberly, Cayden, Kennadi, and Quaid!

.

.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cant Keep up!

Wow. It seems that as hard as I try (and I really do try!) I just cant keep up with this whole blogging thing. I read other peoples blogs all the time, and everyone does so good! I need to try a lot harder with this. I think its a wonderful way for family and friends to know whats going on in our families life without having to call everyday and talk for an hour. Even though that would be nice :)

So a small update on life...well we had our new baby boy on September 15th. He was born at 12:55am after 11 hours and 55 minutes of labor. I have to say...it was a difficult labor. And the actual delivery was very hard. His head was tilted and turned in the wrong direction, so the whole time I was pushing (in between pushes) the doctor and nurses were all up in there attempting to turn him. It was not fun. On top of that, my epidural had already started to ware off by the time I started to push. So I could feel a lot more than I cared to feel. I also was throwing up all through the labor! Good thing my wonderful husband was there by my side the whole time (in between his naps :) ) But I had a wonderful doctor and they were talking to me and actually joking around in between pushing, and soon we had a baby there. They put him on my belly and I just could not believe it. He was perfect. I had never seen anything so cute. Everyone keeps telling me that usually newborns are not to cute, but he is!! and he is!!! He was just adorable. So all in all, it was pretty wonderful. We named him Quaid Shawn Lindsay. He was 7 pounds 8 ounces and 20 inches long. My biggest baby yet!

Two days after we came home from the hospital, Quaids billiruben levels were critically high so they sent him to the NICU where we stayed for 3 days. It was very intense. Very scary for all of us. He did great there though, and even though it was a very rough time, it brought our family closer together. We are all home and doing great. He is now 3 weeks and 1 day old. We all love him so much and I have to say that he has already really blessed our family. I am totally a baby hog..and I am sorry I cant help it. I could hold this precious little guy all night and day if I could. I would be fine never having to put him down or walk away from him. He is a great baby and I enjoy every second that I have. Its crazy how fast time fly's by with kids, and now that I have experienced it twice, I am really soaking as much up as I can with this one. Plus he is just so dang cute!!

Cayden is doing wonderful in kindergarten. He goes to Three Falls Elementary and his teacher is Mrs Ried. He loves her, and he is learning so much! He is impressing me everyday, as always. He learned how to ride his bike without training wheels...and now he is a pro! Its his favorite thing to do. He is such a big help to me with the baby and Kennadi. He pretty much keeps Kenna busy for me all day. They are good friends!! So glad I have this boy to help me everyday.

Kennadi thinks she is a mini mom. Sometimes she is actually very helpful, other times I have to watch what I say to her and how I say it so I dont hurt her feelings by telling her to not hurt the baby or move out of the way! But she is adjusting pretty good, besides her new little attitude, which includes her sticking her tongue out at everything we tell her to do. Drives me insane!!

Today I am really feeling thankful for the house that we have to live in. I cant believe its been 2 years since we were searching and searching for the perfect house for our family. Almost 2 years since we bought this house...and its really become our home. I believe this is the longest I have ever lived in one house in my life. Thats really crazy!!

No comments: